Light Bytes Descriptions
Cultivating a Communication Culture for Success
- Explores the concept of a communication culture, its impact, and how to create one for success. Whether it’s a family or a Fortune 500 company, optimal communication serves the good of all parties. Determine the kind of culture to cultivate for your brand and learn the necessary steps for building or recreating your Communication Culture. Ilene also offers solutions for turning around an existing culture that does not serve the organization or its members.
Exploring Your Management Style
- Looks at the essential aspects of individuality in management style and how to broaden personal style to meet the needs of a varied workplace.
- In this compelling discussion, Ilene and Penny cover questions surrounding optimal management style, the difference between self perception and others’ perspectives on performance, and the avenues for understanding your profile as a manager.
- Understand where you are best suited in management, how to alter or improve your leadership profile for new positions, and what to look for when hiring or promoting managers.
A Leader Has Two Heads?
- Details the dual roles key to exemplary management and avenues for developing the skill set for each.
- Take a close look at the dual “heads” of leadership, the qualities needed for each and when to use one head versus the other. Easy to follow tips are outlined on how to assess which head is more developed and how to build needed skills sets. Ilene and Penny examine the proportions, advantages and applications of correlative skill sets, and conclude with Ilene’s tips for a healthy approach to excellence.
Communicating with Total Integrity
- Simplifies the complexity of approaching communication with greater authenticity.
- Ilene and Penny tackle this complex topic by pulling back the curtain on the various ways we communicate which may lack integrity. They also explore and the roles Awareness and Intention play and how unconscious and conscious communication, a disconnect between thought and deed, and the three pillars of communication relate to these roles. This compelling conversation concludes with actual steps that will shift perspective and increase the listener’s ability to communicate with integrity
How to Connect with Your Staff…and Realize Their Maximum Potential
- Guides the interpersonal aspects of how to relate to your team and draw upon their talents through connecting with their internal motivations and innate skill sets.
- Embodying group collaboration through the concept of team is threaded throughout this look at interpersonal dynamics and hierarchy. Ilene dispels the misunderstandings around appropriate professional distance in the manager-staff relationship and relays numerous ways in which to connect with your team to maximize your players’ potential, including advice on how to communicate with difficult personalities and get back on the right foot after a rocky start.
Communicating Outside Our Comfort Zone
- Focuses on reframing the perspective and the step by step process necessary to overcome obstacles perceived to be in the way of doing what is uncomfortable.
- Discover why it is so difficult to leave our comfort zone, the relationship between confidence and fear, and how to identify obstacles in order to move through them.
- Penny and Ilene discuss the anxiety of public speaking and how to take the panic out of the process to become a better communicator. Ilene details specific steps to build confidence and expand your comfort zone regardless of income and available time.
Keys to Effective Leadership Communication
- Examines the importance of relationship building and outlines ways leaders can positively impact their realm through superior execution of key communication skills.
- Ilene and Penny look beyond the accepted necessity of effective communication in leadership positions and delve into the top skills essential for success. Assessing the consistency of spoken and unspoken messages as well as the importance of listening and follow through are outlined in the detail. The process of enhancing self-awareness, its impact on aligning intention and how to use the Three Pillars of Communication to motivate your team are explained so immediate action can be taken.
Telling the Truth: Our Relationship with Honesty and the Tale of the Four Tenets
- Breaks down why we may lack honesty—even toward ourselves-- in a given moment and how we can redefine our relationship with honesty for a more grounded and happier life.
- Consider your relationship with honesty in this revealing exchange and discover how we may be communicating less honestly than we think. Ilene recounts The Tale of the Four Tenets and the blueprint it provides for consciously living a truer and lighter life. After discussing the nuances of truth and the appropriateness of disclosure, Ilene follows up with an epilogue to The Tale of the Four Tenets as a bonus.
eSpeak & the Future of Communication
- Probes the issues of impact the current trends in communication pose on our ability to connect and how we can navigate the technological evolution while retaining the ability to relate in a three dimensional world.
- Finally—a discussion on the impact today’s technology poses on us as communicators. Ilene and Penny look at statistics on the current trends in communication modes, how they affect the evolution of communication today, the up and downsides of our communication forecast, and suggestions for making a peaceful, happy resolution with the progression of eSpeak in today’s world.